This document outlines the registration processes for NSW Cuboree 2020 for members of recognised World Organisation of Scout Movement (WOSM) Associations (other than Australia) that wish to attend Cuboree 2020.
It is expected that overseas visitors will be linked to a New South Wales Group and will be treated as a member of that Group for organisational purposes.
Terms, conditions and requirements
You must meet the minimum requirements of all participants as listed on our website.
Please note, as a condition of entry to the event, it is also an expectation of Scouts NSW that all participants agree to abide by both the Scouts NSW Code of Conduct and Ethics and the Scouts NSW Child Protection Policy and Procedure . These can be found on the Scouts NSW website: https://www.nsw.scouts.com.au/about/child-health-safety/
Please ensure you have read and familiarised yourself with these documents.
In addition, participants from other Scout Branches are also required to:
- Have a current and verifiable membership with their local Association at the time of registration and ongoing until the end of the event. This will be checked manually with the local Association at the point of registration and each day of the event. This is a requirement of Scouts NSW policy.
- Have the approval of their ’’Home Branch’’ in the form of a formal Letter of Introduction.
- Provide sufficient visa information to demonstrate your right to travel to Australia. The Cuboree 2020 Admin Team will contact you separately regarding this requirement.
If you are not a current member of your local Scout Organisation (e.g. you are a parent), you must become an Adult Helper (or equivalent) member of a Scout Association and obtain a valid membership number before applying. Unfortunately we cannot accept overseas visitors who are not Scout Members.
Overseas participants pay the same fee as NSW participants, however please note the following:
- NSW Cuboree 2020 will only fund transport from a recognised point inside New South Wales. For example, we will arrange and cover costs of coach transfer from Sydney Airport for groups of more than 5 people. Individuals cannot be accommodated.
- Meals before arrival and after departure are not included.
- Fees associated with visas are not covered.
You can use the same registration process as all participants, however please note the following:
- When asked for your NSW Scouts Membership Number, please enter your Home Branch Scout Association Membership Number.
- When asked for your Home Group, please select "Overseas”.
- If you are aged over 18, you will be asked to provide Working With Children Check information. This is an Australian requirement for residents of New South Wales and relates to child protection related screening measures. Please enter N/A at this point for all required fields.
- Once you have received confirmation of your application, a member of the Cuboree 2020 Admin Team will be in touch with you to collect additional information which will to allow us to validate your membership with and seek approval from your Home Branch.