This document outlines the registration processes for NSW Cuboree 2020 for members of Australian Scout Branches other than New South Wales.
Terms, conditions and requirements
You must meet the minimum requirements of all participants as listed on our website.
Please note, as a condition of entry to the event, it is also an expectation of Scouts NSW that all participants agree to abide by both the Scouts NSW Code of Conduct and Ethics and the Scouts NSW Child Protection Policy and Procedure . These can be found on the Scouts NSW website: https://www.nsw.scouts.com.au/about/child-health-safety/
Please ensure you have read and familiarised yourself with these documents.
In addition, participants from other Scout Branches are required to:
- Have a current and verifiable membership with your local Inter State ‘’Home Branch’’ at the time of registration and ongoing until the end of the event. This will be checked manually with the Inter State Home Branch at the point of registration, monthly thereafter and each day of the event. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Have the approval of the Branch Commissioner Cub Scouts of your Inter State Home Branch to attend the event. We will arrange this on your behalf.
If you are not a current member of your local Scout Branch (e.g. you are a parent), you must become an ‘’Adult Helper’’ (or equivalent) member of your Inter State Home Branch and obtain a valid membership number from that Inter State Branch, before applying via the Cuboree 2020 system.
Interstate participants pay the same fee as NSW participants, however please note the following points of difference:
- NSW Cuboree 2020 will only fund transport from a recognised point inside New South Wales. For example:
- We will arrange and cover costs of coach transfer from Sydney Airport;
- We will arrange and cover costs of coach travel from Batemans Bay, Tamworth, Wagga Wagga or Ballina – our four recognised coach points.
- We may consider partially funding a coach journey if you agree to use our appointed coach travel company and are able to fill the entire coach.
- Meals before arrival and after departure are not included.
You can use the same registration process as all participants, however please note the following:
- When asked for your NSW Scouts Membership Number, please enter your Inter State Home Branch Membership Number instead.
- When asked for your Home Group, please select the Branch/State you are from.
- If you are aged over 18, you will be asked to provide a Working With Children Check number. As the WWCC scheme is specific to NSW, where it applies, you should instead provide details of the equivalent scheme from your Home State or Territory (e.g. QLD Blue Card, ACT WWVP etc). These details will be verified with your Home Branch.
- If you are unsure of the WWCC equivalent requirements of your Inter State Home Branch, please clarify these with your Inter State Home Branch before applying to Cuboree 2020.
- Once you have received confirmation of your application, a member of the Cuboree 2020 Admin Team will be in touch with you to collect additional information which will to allow us to validate your membership with and seek approval from your Inter State Home Branch.